Managing quota-based, direct b2b sales teams (software exp)
LOCATION: Minneapolis , MN
Director of Sales role with a privately held, 30-year-old Software company that is well funded and scaling. They are rapidly growing their organization and looking to take it the next level.
This Director of Sales will be leading a team of 5 Account Executives (hunter focused) based out of their MN office. This is a hands-on leadership role, and this person will be working alongside the AE’s in the office as well as going into the field.
- Named to JMP’s Hot 100 List of Top Software Companies (2017).
- 98% Customer Retention Rate.
- Unique, niche solution offering filling an unmet market need.
- Targeting 25-30% yoy growth.
- Salary of $100k-$110k, with an OTE of $200k-220k
- Uncapped plan + Accelerators.
- Incentive Trips (managers are eligible).
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA. Eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage the first of the month following your start date.
- PTO/Holiday: In addition to 9 paid holidays, there is PTO that covers sick and vacation time which starts accruing on your start date.
- 401k= Enrollment on the first of the month following 30 days of employment, the company will match 50% of the first 6% of your deferral.
Hardest part of the job?
This person will need to come in and make an impact quickly. We are in a place where we are ready to grow and this person would be an accelerator of that growth. They are going to need to take the baton with an inherited team, assess it, embrace it, and then run really fast.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Prior experience managing, quota-based, direct b2b sales teams.
- Must have previously worked for a company who sold software.
- Excellent communication skills, this person will need to be highly articulate. They will need to be able to give at times, challenging feedback.
- Ability to demonstrate a history of consistent execution and results.
- Authenticity. Portraying themselves in a way that is highly relatable and true to where they are. The opposite of someone who comes off “salesy”.
- Ability to tell a strong story about their background. Not looking for broad generic statements. Someone who can share what they have done, how they did it.
- General charisma and energy. This is a millennial team they will be running, they want to be lead. We need someone who can be a beacon.
- Ability to learn very quickly.
Base Pay: $100,000 - $110,000
Average 1st Year Commissions: 100,000
Other Pay: Benefits, HSA, FSA, PTO/Holiday time, 401k with match