3-15 years of outside b2b sales
LOCATION: Houston , TX
Major Account Executive for a $3.4 Billion subsidiary of one of the 25 largest companies in the world. Our client is the world leader in their space, financially sound and poised for decades of growth in the U.S. Sales Talent has worked with them since Oct 2004.
This is a high-level, consultative sale calling on CEOs and CFOs of companies with revenues of at least $10M and up to and including the Fortune 500. Companies like Sony, Sanyo, Motorola and SAP use their service. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and growing a base of accounts that renew annually (and you will be paid on an account for the life of that account). Although excellent prospecting skills are a must, 20% of your 1st appointments will be set for you by their internal telemarketing department.
In Europe and Asia there is 40% penetration for their service but U.S. penetration is only at 4%. Our client purchased the largest U.S. provider of this service in 1998 to enter the North American market (which is the last major, untapped market for their service).
- U.S. sales have increased from $87M in 1998 to $300M.
- Residual sales with residual commissions (85% renewal rate in 2017).
- Strong promotion possibilities both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Exceptional 8 week training program.
- Highly flexible, results oriented environment. You are not micro-managed.
- Annual sales force turnover of < 16%, 2006 to present.
- Top rep earned $621k in 2017.
Compensation and Benefits
- $70-80k base, no caps on commissions-- to make $110k-$130k year 1.
- In 2017, the #1 rep earned $621k, #2 earned $549k
- In 2017, the average rep made $173k
- 9% retirement contribution with no caps.
- $800/mo for car, laptop and cell provided.
- Medical, dental (covers entire family) and life insurance.
- All business expenses covered (corporate Amex card).
All benefits start the 1st day of your 1st month including your retirement benefits.
Hardest part of the job?
You are selling a service with low marketplace awareness (in the U.S.). This can make getting in the door with key decision makers harder. If you do have the skillset to accomplish this, their service makes excellent business sense and solves several key business challenges.
- 3-15 years of outside B2B sales experience.
- Bachelor degree
- Stable employment history- no job hoppers, no exceptions.
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation and conceptual selling skills.
- Experience calling on the C suite a plus.
- Hunter mentality with the skillset to manage, maintain and grow a book of business.
- Documentable top 20% sales performance.
Base Pay: $70,000 - $80,000
Average 1st Year Commissions: 50,000
Other Pay: Full benefits, 9% retirement contribution, expenses, etc.