1+ year of sales management experience (with outside reps)
LOCATION: Birmingham , AL
$14B publicly traded environmental solutions provider is hiring a Market Sales Manager to lead and coach a team of outside sales reps and major account managers. Our client is the top company in North America in their industry, offering scalable solutions and clear ROI for their customers for over fifty years.
- Recognized by Dow Jones as a top performer globally in their field for sustainability, ethical business practices, and pioneering advances in “green” technology.
- Fortune Magazine’s Change the World List.
- Selling Power’s Top 50 Best Companies to Sell For.
- Marquee accounts include Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Nissan, Nashville Predators.
- Position reports to an Area Sales Director who has promoted 3 out of the last 4 leaders he’s hired. This role promotes to a Sales Director position at $300-500K in annual compensation.
- Core responsibilities include establishing performance goals, motivating, hiring, and training. The team is comprised of outside sales reps and major account managers.
- Leading weekly team meetings and phone sessions. Spending time with reps in the field, helping them close deals, and providing one-on-one sales coaching.
- This is a hands-on leadership role and is an excellent fit for someone who enjoys the “people part” of management and leading by example.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary $85-100K, plus bonuses up to $56K.
- Full benefits, $8,500 annual car allowance, expense account, 401K with 4-6% match, fun company trips, etc.
Hardest part of the job?
Getting out from behind the desk and helping reps win new business and grow their territories.
- 1+ years of management experience, ideally with outside sales reps
- 3+ years of prior individual B2B sales experience with documented history of personal success
- Track record of building and sustaining top performing sales teams
- Intangibles: energy, polish, self-discipline, hunger, passion for people
- BA/BS Degree strongly preferred
Base Pay: $85,000 - $100,000
Average 1st Year Commissions: 30,000
Other Pay: Benefits, car allowance, expense account, 401k with match, etc.