Industrial sales, material handling, capital equipment
LOCATION: Seattle , WA
Privately held, global Industrial player in the electrical and power industrial equipment space is looking to add a Field Account Executive to their PNW territory. Our client has been in business for over 100 years and yet is continuing to innovate and grow. They released 4 new products in 2017 and have grown 20% from last year.
In this role, you will be working from a home office, in the field 4 days/ week selling a variety of industrial solutions to OEM, End-Users, MRO, and Distributors. Roughly 50% of what is sold is a solution specific to the Crane industry. Roughly 50% of your time is spent hunting for new businesses and the other 50% is spent up-selling existing customers.
- ISO Certified.
- 2x Winner of “Top Work Places”.
- Average Sales Rep tenure is 10 years (only 7% turnover).
- Clients: Amazon, Boeing, Disney World.
- 80% of what is sold we have manufactured ourselves.
- Base Salary $75-85k + Uncapped Quarterly Bonus (based on territory growth) + 5%-10% end of year bonus based on company performance.
- Top rep is making over $200k; Avg is making $150k.
- Car Allowance: $500 monthly (not taxed) + plus reimbursement of gas mileage- which on average is .25 cents/gallon.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Wellness, Short & Long-term Disability. Employees are eligible for benefits either the first of the month or after 30 days employment.
- 401k- Employee may withhold up to 60% of pre-tax earnings. The company will match dollar-to-dollar up to 3% and up to 50% on 4%-5% of employee pre-tax contribution. The maximum employer match is 4%. Employees are eligible after 90 days of employment.
Hardest part of the job?
This is a field heavy, technical sales role. This person will daily be going into different buildings, meeting new people. This requires a certain level of energy and persistence.
- 2-20 yrs in a sales role.
- Strongly prefer previous field sales (would consider inside sales rep who wants to be in the field).
- Experience in Industrial Sales/Material Handling/Capital Equipment.
- Must live in either Seattle or Portland.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be able to travel- on average 5 overnights/month.
- Intangibles: Driven, Energetic, People-centric hunter.
Base Pay: $75,000 - $85,000
Average 1st Year Commissions: 70,000
Other Pay: Car allowance, full benefits, 401k with match, etc.