Chief Sales and Marketing Officer – Aerospace / Defense / $60M in funding
5+ years of sales leadership in aerospace & defense markets
A fast-growing startup founded in 2019 is hiring a Chief Sales and Marketing Officer (CSMO) to run, grow and lead their North America Sales team. The company just received a substantial capital investment from a private equity firm who has a track record in backing industrial technology & aerospace focused companies. They are a consolidation of the highly fragmented testing & measurement market with a focus on the defense vertical.
In this role, you will act as an entrepreneurial, hands-on CSMO to lead the business and be integral in executing a national & international “Go-To-Market” strategy. You will oversee the planning, development and execution of the organizations’ sales and marketing operations and initiatives with the end goal of growing the company to be around $60M+ in revenue upon completion of the 3rd business acquisition.
- $60M backing by a private equity firm in 2019.
- Successfully completed 2 acquisitions with a 3rd in advanced due diligence.
- Explosive growth in the RDT&E (Research, Development Test & Evaluation) space with industry funding expected to reach $82B by 2022.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $200-230k base salary, $280k-$320k OTE at plan.
- Uncapped commission.
- Full Benefits.
- Must have 5+ years of prior sales leadership experience working in a manufacturing company with multiple facilities and support service operations.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with successful experience in aerospace & defense markets with private equity companies with annual revenues of $100M to $250M.
- Experience working in an aerospace & defense company and working directly with military government contracts and understanding or having relationships to work “The Hill” or Pentagon would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in engineering, physics, mathematics, or other related subject matter. An MBA is preferred, but is not a requirement.