Vice President of Marketing – (Remote) SaaS / Startup / Industry Changing AI / HR Technology
Branding & positioning a start up, while building and leading a Marketing team (SaaS / HR Tech)
A fast-growing startup is hiring a Marketing Leader to run, grow and lead their global Marketing Team. They are pre-IPO with 75 employees, who just completed a substantial Series B, selling industry-changing AI, SaaS technology in the HR tech space to Fortune 500 & 100 organizations. The press and buzz in the industry has resulted in them being inundated with leads, and they are poised for tremendous growth.
Reporting to one of the co-founders, this is a hands on, “roll up your sleeves” position. They are looking for someone who can come in with a playbook/plan to both build the Marketing strategy, and execute on it. While this person will have all facets of marketing rolling up under them, there is opportunity for particular impact in the area of storytelling & positioning. A very strong background in Product Marketing is necessary. Given their size and stage, how they position and brand themselves, is critical. Their growth trajectory is to be at $40M revenue in the next 3 years.
To be considered you must have experience branding & positioning a start up, while building and leading a Marketing team for a complex HR Technology (SaaS) solution, into enterprise organizations.
- Has multiple clients with over 100k employees i.e.: Walmart, Deloitte.
- Named as one of the top 100 AI organizations in 2018.
- Featured in Fast Company, and Forbes.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus.
- The employee is fully covered for health, dental, vision, and can add dependents.
- Unlimited PTO
Hardest part(s) of the job?
This is a new market, we are establishing a new category. We have a lot of interest in the market right now and are the leader, but our competitors/the market is changing on a daily basis. We need someone who can come in and drive our growth through exceptional storytelling and branding. This is a dynamic market and we want to keep our lead.
- Experience marketing an HR (SaaS) technology is a must.
- Must have created content, with strong product marketing roots.
- Must have experience creating exceptional brands, telling compelling stories that stand out and experience positioning companies in the marketplace.
- Prefer start up experience. If they do not have this, we will be looking closely at:
- Is their expectation that they will have a big team around them, with a lot of resources?
- Do they know how to create buzz when you don’t have a household name?
- Must have led a team of at least 4 people, with experience hiring (not just inheriting).
- Must have the majority of their experience be in B2B marketing.
- Enterprise marketing experience. Prefer that they have marketed to large (20kee+) organizations. However, mid market marketing experience would also work (3k-5kee).
- Prefer someone who has owned all of a Marketing function. However, would also look at someone who has run all of Product Marketing, assuming they had touched on other aspects of marketing in their career.
- Intangibles: Must have the ability to be both strategic, and tactical. This is a high execution position, but this person will also be setting strategy and creating the playbook.