AVP, Business Development – Group Captives (Commercial Casualty)
An established, profitable and financially stable, 30-year-old casualty-focused company is experiencing explosive growth and is looking for a Business Development Executive to help expand the company’s reach. This organization is the dominant player in its space with over 5,000 clients to date and assets over $8 billion. This company was first-to-market in their space as a disruptor and offers an innovative group captive casualty solution in commercial benefits.
In this role, you will be developing relationships with the largest brokerage firms as well as local and regional brokers to sell to C-Level decision makers of mid-market companies. They are looking for multiple reps: can be located in the Midwest, Northeast, South or the West.
- Glassdoor ratings: 4.7 out of 5, 100% CEO Approval.
- Awards include: Best Places to Work in Insurance, Top Workplaces US and several others.
- Culture First Company with ZERO sales team turnover.
- First to Market Insurance Solution/Disruptive.
- #1 in their space nationally.
- 98% client renewal rate.
- Commission pays out at the same rate on new clients as renewals – ability to build a strong annuity income stream.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $120,000-$150,000 Base plus uncapped Commission + Bonus and Residual Commission.
- Tenured reps average between $300,000- $600,000 annually (and growing).
- Medical and Dental Benefits.
- Cell Phone, Laptop provided.
- Car Allowance and Travel Expenses.
- 401k with 4% match.
Hardest part of the job?
This is a disruptive solution. You are selling against the status quo. It takes time and patience to educate the market. It is not a rate game. We are not looking for someone who wants to win on price but rather looking for a strategic salesperson to help us bring value to the market.
- Minimum of 3-5 yrs Commercial Casualty Sales Experience.
- Deep understanding of the group space and the broker distribution model (Can come from a carrier or broker role).
- BA/BS strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel regionally.