AVP Business Development – Stop Loss Insurance / Employee Group Benefits Rep (Northeast)
An established, profitable and financially stable, 30-year-old insurance company is experiencing explosive growth and is looking for a Business Development Executive to help expand the company’s reach.
This rep will be introducing the company’s latest offering to the group health insurance broker community, utilizing their current network to educate the brokers on their product. This company was first-to-market in their space and is offering an innovative stop loss solution in group benefits insurance.
In this role, you will be developing relationships with the largest brokerage firms as well as local and regional brokers to sell to C-level decision makers of mid-market companies.
- Glassdoor ratings: 4.7 out of 5, 100% CEO Approval.
- Culture First Company with near-zero sales team turnover.
- First to Market Insurance Solution/Disruptive.
- #1 in their space nationally.
- 98% client renewal rate.
- Commission pays out at the same rate on new clients as renewals.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $125k-$150k Base Plus Commission.
- Tenured reps average between $300k- $600k annually.
- Medical and Dental Benefits.
- Cell Phone and laptop provided.
- Car Allowance and Travel Expenses.
- 401k with 4% match.
Hardest part of the job?
This is a disruptive solution. You are selling against the status quo. It takes time and patience to educate the market. It is not a rate game. We are not looking for someone who wants to win on price but rather looking for a strategic salesperson to help us bring value to the market.
- Group Ancillary or Health Benefits Sales Experience.
- Deep understanding of the group health or ancillary space and the broker distribution model.
- Experience in self-funded insurance.
- Exposure to Stop Loss.
- BA/BS strongly preferred.
- Ideal companies: Sun Life, Metlife, Reliance Standard, Unum, Mutual of Omaha.