Business Development Director – Aerospace / Defense / $60M in funding / Startup
A fast-growing startup founded in 2019 is looking for a Business Development Director to partner with the CSMO and Senior leadership team to accelerate their growth and lead their North America Sales team. The company just received a substantial capital investment from a private equity firm that has a track record in backing industrial technology & aerospace-focused companies. They are a consolidation of the highly fragmented testing & measurement market with a focus on the defense vertical.
In this role, you will act as an entrepreneurial, hands-on sales and business development rep for the Radar Cross Section, Air Data, Mass Properties, Igniter Circuit Test Product Lines. You will identify and execute sales in new markets as well as generate marketing materials, sales leads and negotiate client pricing with the end goal of growing the company by an additional $50M in revenue by end of 2022.
- $60M backing by a private equity firm in 2019.
- Successfully completed 3 acquisitions.
- Explosive growth in the RDT&E (Research, Development Test & Evaluation) space with industry funding expected to reach $82B by 2022.
- Virtual Office- remote work from home.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $120k- $180k base salary, $150k-$200k OTE at plan.
- Uncapped commission.
- Full Benefits.
- Must have 3+ years of prior Business Development experience working in a manufacturing company with an understanding of Test and Measurement.
- Ability to “hit the ground running”. Must have contacts in the Aerospace and Defense Industries that will lead to quick results
- Experience working in an aerospace & defense company required, with an understanding of Radar Cross Section, Air Data and Mass Properties a plus.
- Experience working directly with military government contracts and understanding or having relationships to work “The Hill” or Pentagon would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in engineering, physics, mathematics, or other related subject matter. An MBA is preferred but is not a requirement.