Business Development Manager – Healthcare / Medical Diagnostics
A trailblazing physician-founded healthcare startup is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their elite sales team. They are pre-IPO with 140 employees, selling advanced molecular diagnostic products and consulting services to the healthcare industry. With an impressive R&D team made up of scientists and physicians, they are on the forefront of molecular diagnostics. Their company mission is to continue breaking new ground in pathology to achieve better patient outcomes.
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll call on reference labs and hospital labs throughout the Northeast. This is a highly consultative sale, focused on winning new business and then expanding those relationships. This role involves both direct sales as well as partnership with distributor reps to call on accounts together. You’ll be supported by a team of outbound Sales Development Reps to help build your pipeline. Although top producers will always engage in sales activities such as cold calling and prospecting, attending conferences, as well as conducting quarterly business reviews with existing clients to look for more business.
- Over 50% growth the last couple years, with resources being poured into R&D and expansion of the sales and marketing teams.
- Current revenue is $58M, with plans to grow to $100M in the next 3-5 years.
- New state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facility.
- Leadership team that is passionate about developing up-and-coming sales professionals – with potential to move up as the company grows.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary $115-130K, to make $175K-250K at plan (Uncapped Commission + Residuals!).
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, FSA and HSA.
- 401k w/ Match.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience selling to reference labs or hospital labs.
- Track record of top 10% sales performance.
- Bachelor’s degree.