Head of Sales (Startup) – Industry Changing AI / Enterprise Fashion / Home / Beauty Brands
2+ years leading/ scaling an enterprise sales team with a minimum of 5+ yrs enterprise sales experience.
A fast-growing startup is hiring a Head of Sales to grow and lead its global sales team (U.S., Europe). They have 30 employees, have completed their Series A, and are selling industry-changing AI / SaaS technology in the large consumer brand space.
The company has significant headwinds in fashion, with home and beauty brands right behind as the next verticals to expand into (some early headway in “home”). They are poised for tremendous growth. Their technology is already proven to scale with large enterprise clients (most companies achieve this when at a later stage in their series funding).
In this role you will be a hands-on leader, taking a team that currently has 1 Enterprise AE and growing it to a team of 3 (2 U.S., 1 Europe) + sales support by year-end. Run rates for recurring revenue are expected to double this year and the year after. This team is hunting large Enterprise brands calling on the CMO, Head of Digital Marketing or Head of ECommerce. This is selling a completely new category in entirety. This industry-changing AI-powered technology is revolutionizing how brands interact with the consumer, bringing the brand vision to the forefront. The company has sold over 12 large brand enterprise deals to date. This person will be creating the enterprise sales playbook, processes & quotas, with the end goal of growing the company to be around $10-$12 million in the next 2 years.
To be considered you must have experience in a startup environment. You must also have experience building an enterprise sales playbook, and growing a sales team from the ground up with a focus on consumer brand enterprise accounts.
- 90% of the clients have expanded their footprint – a lot of “land and expand.”
- Clients: Adidas, BCBG, John Varvatos, Callaway, Perry Ellis, Reebok.
- Featured by Women’s Wear Daily, CB Insights, FOX, VentureBeat, National Retail Foundation.
- Gartner Cool Vendor for 2018.
- Best Saas Cloud Provider, Jan 2020, VIP Award.
- Mogul’s Top Places to Work.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary (this will be a 6 figure customized base). OTE $400k.
- Uncapped + equity.
- Full benefits – medical, dental, vision.
- Unlimited PTO/ Sick time (this is a place where people work hard for the benefit of the company with other smart people while living their lives to the fullest).
Hardest part(s) of the job?
This person will be key to putting the sales process in place. This Head of Sales needs to come in with ideas that bring value to scale vs relying on others to bring those ideas. This is a new category so it’s important to have built a sales team that can help clients see the “problem” being solved. Once they see it, they can’t unsee it. We also need someone who can continue to drive growth in revenue through diversification. This is very critical as the company scale.
- Must have at least 2 years leading/ scaling an enterprise sales team with a minimum of 5+ yrs enterprise sales experience.
- Must have experience selling something complex that is not a known “need to have”- must have the ability to bring in influencers and deal with matrixed organizations.
- Must have experience building out an Enterprise Sales Playbook, Processes.
- Must have sold/ led teams selling accounts 100k to 1 million in deal size.
- Must have grown a team from a few reps to something significantly larger (example: 1 million to 5 million growth in revenue over x period of time).
- Bachelor’s degree is a “nice to have.”