Major Account Executive – Outside Sales / Residual Commission
4+ years B2B sales success
Major Account Executive for a $3.4 Billion subsidiary of one of the 25 largest companies in the world. Our client is the world leader in their space, financially sound and poised for decades of growth in the U.S.
This is a high-level, consultative sale calling on CEOs and CFOs of companies with revenues of at least $20M and up to and including the Fortune 500. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and growing a base of accounts that renew annually (and you will be paid on an account for the life of that account). Although excellent prospecting skills are a must.
In Europe and Asia there is 40% penetration for their service but U.S. penetration is only at 4%.
- U.S. sales have increased from $87M in 1998 to $350M.
- Residual sales with residual commissions (90% renewal rate in 2018).
- Strong promotion possibilities both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Highly flexible, results-oriented environment. You are not micro-managed.
- #1 Brand in their industry.
- 2018: Best sales year in company history with 17% growth in profit
- Innovation: Several products launched in 2018
- Top rep earned $621k in 2018.
Compensation and Benefits
- $70-90k base to make $120-140k OTE. No caps on commissions.
- In 2018, the #1 rep earned $621k, #2 earned $549k
- In 2018, the average rep earned $176k
- 9% retirement contribution with no caps.
- $800/mo for car, laptop and cell provided.
- Medical, dental (covers entire family) and life insurance.
- All business expenses covered (corporate Amex card).
- All benefits start the 1st day of your 1st month including your retirement benefits.
Hardest part of the job?
You are selling a service with low marketplace awareness (in the U.S.). This can make getting in the door with key decision makers harder. If you do have the skillset to accomplish this, their service makes excellent business sense and solves several key business challenges.
- 4-15 years of outside B2B sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Stable employment history – no job hoppers, no exceptions.
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation and conceptual selling skills.
- Experience calling on the C suite a plus.
- Hunter mentality with the skillset to manage, maintain and grow a book of business.
- Documentable top 20% sales performance.