Software Application Support Engineer – Compliance Finance Solution / Startup Division
We are hiring a remote Application Support Engineer for a 5-year-old subsidiary of a 20-year-old leader in the financial & b2b insurance space. This software meets a unique need in the market, within an industry that only has 8% penetration in the US. Simply put, this is a “startup division” under the umbrella of a very established, well-funded company.
The Application Support Engineer will be responsible for fielding tier-two & tier-three support issues from clients, working through the backlog of bugs in our platform, and engaging with the development team to roll out any hotfixes that need to be deployed.
In this role you will:
- Engage with the customer success manager to fix client support issues.
- Help with the technology side of client onboarding and configuration setup.
- Field support calls, chat, and ticketing system from users with inquiries regarding software issues.
- Consult with users to determine steps and procedures taken to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
- Keep a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- $85k-95k salary + 10% annual bonus.
- 401k, with a 4% company match (after first year).
- Medical, Dental & Vision (this starts the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment). Currently, we cover 80% of medical premium for employee and dependents. Dental and Vision are 100% voluntary.
- 30 days of PTO.
- Life insurance policy & an FSA account.
- All company travel reimbursed.
- Company laptop & cell phone.
- A degree in computer science or similar.
- At least 1 year of experience in software development.
- Demonstrate experience in web or software application support.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of these back-end programming languages: PHP, Python or Java.
- Must know SQL database mgt.
- Proficiency in determining the root cause of application errors and apply hotfixes.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and non-technical colleagues and web-based clients.
- Experience in triaging technology-related issues.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Small company experience preferred. This person needs to be flexible and able to work in an ever changing environment.