Sr. Customer Success Manager – SaaS / Martech / b2b2c / eCommerce
A well-funded, fast-growing SaaS company is hiring Sr Customer Success Managers to drive the business objectives forward for their strategic customers. They are a 300 person company founded in 2010, which was acquired last year for their best-of-breed solution by a larger, 45 yr old organization. In short, they have the stability of an established company, with the agility and growth of a smaller organization. We are one arm of the larger Unified Commerce Platform for restaurant technology.
In this role you will be working with a variety of C-level/ VP Marketing and IT stakeholders of very large restaurant chains, helping them use our platform to drive customer loyalty. Your book of business is worth roughly 4M ARR spanning 10-20 customers (depending on complexity/size). You will own the client relationship, strategy, and retention. While this is not a sales role, as you uncover sales opportunities, you will pass that off to an Acct Manager to pursue. This is a very strategic position, as your clients will on average each have 100-250+ locations globally.
- Clients: Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Huts, Jamba Juice and Cinnabon.
- 47 of the top 100 restaurant brands worldwide are customers.
- Grew 30% yoy in 2021.
- 280M parent company.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive, customized six-figure salary with a 15% annual bonus.
- Company equity.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision; starting on the first of the month after your first day.
- 401k with company match.
Hardest part of the job?
The customer will want you to do everything for them. The CS team is tasked with how to think strategically about these accounts, but they will try and constantly drag you into the tactical. They will ask you “how do I configure xyz?”. The best CS’s will manage the customers expectations, teach them how to figure out the answers on their own, and tell them “no”, while remaining likable.
- Must have at least 4.5 years experience, with most of it in b2b SaaS, managing large enterprise clients (with accounts that have many stakeholders).
- Prefer experience with solutions that are either: Marketing, CRM or eCommerce platform industry.
- Experience working remotely.
- Able to travel up to 15-20% in the US.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree.
- Impeccable verbal, written communication, presentation and articulation skills with attention to detail.
- Great time management skills.
- Natural relationship and rapport builder – the ideal candidate has empathy for the client, can “read a room” and immediately glean cues that help to solidify the client engagement.
- Experience and skills with engaging with and presenting to C-Level executives.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze client data, identify trends, and be able to provide strategic recommendations accordingly to further drive campaign outcomes in line with client objectives.
- Good balance between a longer-term strategic thinker coupled with more short-term milestones that advance the company towards the longer term goals.
- Creative problem solver and innovator.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and individuals without direct authority.
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations and quickly build consensus with senior-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Collegial, high energy, thoughtful and persistent personality.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, resourceful, self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
- Embraces a strong sense of accountability and ownership.